Sunday, April 26, 2009

For the Love of an Appliance.


Holy Crow! Did you know you can cook things OTHER than Rice in a Rice cooker? I feel like I have been opened to a whole new world of cooking. As if I wasn't already IN LOVE with my rice cooker. The great part is, the rice cooker NEVER burns your food, which I am usually a pro at doing. Brilliant! Here is a good no rice in the rice cooker recipe that you can try! Yum.

Rice Cooker Mac n' Cheese

2 cups Macaroni
1 cup chicken stock or water
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
1 1/2 cups of your Favorite Shredded Cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt

Place pasta, chicken stock, and heavy cream in rice cooker. Press cook! When it goes to 'warm' add the other ingredients and stir. Close lid and keep it turned to 'warm' until you are ready to serve it. The best part... its easy PEA-sy to make!

No comments: